Can love last when one won’t leave, and the other can’t stay?
Fear of moving farther away from his family had cost Eer the love of his life, but now, after twenty-five turns, Kat has returned…with a son, and Eer’s feelings resurface as if it had been only yesterday since they’d first kissed.
But any hope Eer has of rekindling their love seems doomed to fail when a murderer’s taste for revenge forces Kat to choose between endangering their family or running… and leaving Eer behind, again.
Tales of the Forest 5
Fantasy | Mystery/Suspense | Romance
M/NB | asexual | found family | reunited/second chance at love
31,600 words | 106 pages (pdf) | novella
ISBN (ebook): 978-94-92678-13-3
ISBN (print): 978-94-92678-14-0
1st edition, 22 January 2022
cover art by Simoné
Tales of the Forest is an ongoing series of standalone stories linked by a forest world.
Though, I try to keep these content warnings as generic as possible, they may contain spoilers.
On-page or notable reference:
- May/December relationship between mentor & apprentice (side characters).
- Physical assault and murder of a side character (sibling/friend).
- Administering first aid (magical and non-magical)
- Sex / making out (minimal description).
- Teen having (recurring) nightmares.
- Grief over loss of a sibling/adult child/valued community member.
- Death by blunt force trauma.
- An open bone fracture (side character).
Off-page or minor reference:
- Violent child & domestic abuse resulting in loss of a parent (mother).
- Teenager shunned/mistrusted for the crimes of their parent (father).
- Banishment and harnessing one's magic as criminal punishment.
- Castration (voluntary. Part of the calling of being a guide).
- Partial disability after burn and fall injuries.
If you feel I missed some information in this list, feel free to email me. My contact details can be found on my contact page.
OTHER BOOKS IN THE TALES OF THE FOREST SERIES. Check out Blaine's series extras.
Twenty-Five Turns © 2022 Blaine D. Arden. All rights reserved